Monday, January 17, 2011

Fedor Says Strikeforce Tourney As Good Or Better Than Prides


Fedor Emelianenko has competed in Grand Prix tournaments before and when he steps in the cage for the first round of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix, Emelianenko feels the field of competitors in the cage are as good or better than those he faced in Pride:

“I believe that this tournament has assembled enough quality fighters and some of the strongest and most interesting heavyweight fighters in the world. So I think that in no way is this tournament any less than the ones I competed for with Pride."

“I believe it’s just as good, if not better.”

“I don’t think that the years I spent in Pride can give me any type of advantage or dictate how I will perform in this tournament. Certainly experience in this tournament is something that is valuable. Nevertheless, I have to train very hard for this fight and we’ll see what happens.”

Source: mmaweekly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment