Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pat Barry “Extremely Annoyed” and Looking to “Break Something”

Pat Barry could possibly be the most likable 5-2 fighter in Octagon history. However, the heavyweight has taken quite a bit of flack for professing his undying admiration for Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic prior to their UFC 115 contest.
Although he got submitted by his “hero” over seven months ago, Barry is still coming under fire for giving too much respect to a fighter that’s clearly at the tail end of his illustrious career. While HD has no qualms with accepting defeat, there’s certainly no need to bring his momma into it.
“I’m still hearing about that, I’m still hearing people,” Barry told Sherdog. “My mother’s hearing this kind of [expletive]. People are approaching my mother and making these comments to her. It’s still going on now.”
Barry’s frustration has boiled over, causing him to drudge up some violent emotions he used to feel back in the day. Unfortunately for Joey Beltran, his “UFC Fight for the Troops 2″ foe, he may end up paying the piper.
“This is a feeling I haven’t had in a long time,” Barry said of his short fuse. “Back in my kickboxing days, I used to have these every once in a while. Just an angry, want to break something, upset at something. I don’t know what it is. I don’t know what it is that’s giving me this feeling, this sensation, but I’m very annoyed.
“Like I’m extremely annoyed and I feel like I’ve got to break something.”
The “Mexicutioner” is hoping it won’t be his face or any of his limbs. The heavyweights meet this Saturday inside Fort Hood in Kileen, Texas.
Source: 5thround.com

No comments:

Post a Comment